The worst is when it happens with your label attached to it - it's like the shoemaker's child walking around with torn shoes.
What is wrong with people taking an extra minute to proofread, or write properly when they are sending a professional email/message? Honestly, I don't even know how to address this situation I have decried probably a dozen times here ! #JeSuisDepassee
And now there's an additional phenomenon of people who just write poorly, and want you to digest their thoughts - or decipher their thinking.
Let me just remind you, for the nth time, of these simple writing principles (although I'm not an English teacher, an author, or writer by profession). Again, this is for professional writing, i.e. when you send an email, correspondence, letter, message, proposal in a professional setting :
1. Capitalize the first letter at the beginning of a sentence,
2. It's better to have too many punctuation marks than too little (in my opinion),
3. If you are asking a question, include a question mark.
4. When you write, it is not (just) to listen to yourself or your own thoughts, you have to respect your reader and make sure you make their life (understanding) easier.
5. Please, when you address someone, write their name properly - don't butcher someone's name -- (My name is not "Monkam", "Moukam", or "Mounkam" -- why complicate your life? It's simply : Mukam. My name is also not "Olivier", "Oliver", "Oliviar" -- it's simply Olivia)
6. When you send your professional emails, do not abbreviate your words like in your sms ( I don't want to see "pls" "thx" "bcuz" "y" in professional correspondences, save it for your Fb chats, whatsapp msgs and inboxes)
7. If you can't write in French (or English, or another language) , try to (1) insert your text in MWord -- it will provide some corrections, then (2) Find someone who can write in that language to help you polish up your message before sending what is supposed to be a "professional" email.
What is so difficult with simply respecting the person you are writing to, or writing for? I find it truly insulting when people cannot take an extra minute to polish their writing before sending a professional message. I find it infuriating when it is done by one of mine, or under my supposedly watchful eye.
Thx 4 ur understanding Fb Fam smile emoticon
(Image credit: birdsontheblog.co.uk )
Follow the discussion on Fb : https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=884500372292&set=a.523005211492.2037258.29103130&type=1